The Canada-Nova Scotia Infrastructure Secretariat will provide overall communications management and coordination, including:
· Work with municipalities to create an inventory/list of potential communications events and announcements;
· discuss communications opportunities with Infrastructure Canada to decide which ones to pursue;
· develop the event itinerary and share it with all partners;
· take the lead on media relations for all project announcements in Nova Scotia, unless otherwise agreed upon;
· work in partnership with municipalities and transit organizations regarding event logistics.
Municipalities and transit organizations will coordinate municipal involvement in events and announcements, including:
· helps identify projects and opportunities for announcements and events;
· make recommendations on appropriate locations for events;
· provide logistical and on-site support at communications events;
· provide background information or fact sheets about the projects;
· gather and share with partners media coverage of projects and local events;
· share statistics with partners about web pages or web sites dedicated to a project; and
· provide any other mutually agreed indicators that would help to assess the effectiveness of communications efforts.